Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An extremely hot evening...

This is an extremely hot and humid evening... not a breath of wind even with the conservatory and patio doors wide open. Dublin is really beginning to feel like HK in a way. My newly-installed Weather.com meter below tells me that it's 17*C as well as the fact that it "feels like 17*C". However, truth be told, it feels far more like 25*C. I have never in my years in Dublin had such an evening that actively reminds me of those long, balmy, "Indian summer" evenings in Hong Kong. The only things missing are the chirping of cicadas en masse outdoors, or the droning of the AC indoors.

In addition to the melting of the polar ice caps, the four hurricanes that hit the U.S. last year, the flooding in parts of Continental Europe last year, and the unseasonally-warm weather (circa 23*C) back in February this year in Ireland, for me this evening is further proof - on a personally-palpable level - that global warming is a real thing.

I feel like this is one of the occasions for bursting into poetry, like those Tang poets who, after a couple of tiny cups of wine, were able to marvel at such remarkable weather and use it as a cue for some biting social commentary or ponderings on the meaning of life in a few lines of brilliant, reflective verse. Unforunately, I have neither their knack for being able to speak intelligibly after drinking; nor of course their authentic sparkling wit. I could only record here in this humble post that: (a) today is really hot; (b) I have revamped the look of my blog; (c) I am in a poetic mood when I should be in an essay-writing mood.

Ah, procrastination, your name is a warm summer evening!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?