Saturday, June 17, 2006

Smile... Everything's Just Wonderful...

Go Lily! Biting social commentary in a sugary summery tune... Everything's just wonderful...

No I do think
Everything, everyone, is going mental
It seems to me, it's spiralling
Out of control
And it's inevitable

Now don't you think
This time is yours, this time is mine
It's temperamental.

It seems to me
We're on all fours
Crawlin' on our knees someone helps us please!

Oh Jesus christ-almighty
Do I feel alright? No, not slightly.
I wanna get a flat and know I can't afford it
It's just the bureaucrats that won't give me a mortgage
It's very funny cos I got your fuckin' money
And I'm never gonna get it just cos of my bad credit

Oh well I guess I mustn't grumble...
I suppose it's just the way the cookie crumbles...

Oh yes I'm fine...
Everything's just wonderful...
I'm having the time of my life...

If everyone (want)
Something else, something new
Than what we've got here.

And don't you feel
It's all the same
Some sick game
And it's so insincere.

I wish I could
Change the ways
Of the world
Make it a nice place.
Until that day
I guess we stay
Doing what we do
Screwin' who we screw.

Babababa....

Why can't I sleep at night?
Don't say it's gonna be alright.
I wanna be able to eat spaghetti bolognese
And not feel bad about it for days and days and days

All my magazines they talk about weight loss
If I buy those jeans I could look like Kate Moss!

I know it's not the life that I chose...
But I guess it's just the way that things go...

Oh yes I'm fine
Everything's just wonderful
I'm having the time of my life...

Oh yes I'm fine
Everything's just wonderful
I'm having the time of my life...

Bababababababababa.........

Oh Jesus christ-almighty
Do I feel alright? No, not slightly.
I wanna get a flat and know I can't afford it
It's just the bureaucrats that won't give me a mortgage
It's very funny cos I got your fuckin' money
And I'm never gonna get it just cos of my bad credit

Oh well I guess I mustn't grumble...
I suppose it's just the way the cookie crumbles...

Oh yes I'm fine...
Everything's just wonderful...
I'm having the time of my life...

Oh yes I'm fine...
Everything's just wonderful...
I'm having the time of my life...


Then have a listen to this lovely and sarcastically-funny song and tell me you won't Smile:

When you first left me
I was wantin' more...
But you were fuckin' that girl next door
What do you do that for?

When you first left me
I didn't know what to say...
I've never been on my own that way
Just slept by myself for days

I was so lost back then
But with a little help from my friends
I found the light in the tunnel at the end...

Now you're calling me up on the phone
So you can have a little whine and a moan
And it's only because you're feeling alone...

At first,
When I see you cry...
And it makes me smile...
Yeah it makes me smile...

At worse,
I feel bad for a while...
But then I just smile...
I go ahead and smile....

Whenever you see me
You say that you want me back...
And I tell you it don't mean jack
No it don't mean jack...

I couldn't stop laughing
Now I just couldn't help myself...
See you mess up my mental health
I was quite unwell...

I was so lost back then
But with a little help from my friends
I found the light in the tunnel at the end...

But you're calling me up on the phone
Just to have a little whine and a moan
And it's only because you're feeling alone...

At first,
When I see you cry...
And it makes me smile...
Yeah it makes me smile...

At worse,
I feel bad for a while...
But then I just smile...
I go ahead and smile....

Lalalalalalala..........

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala..............

At first,
When I see you cry...
And it makes me smile...
Yeah it makes me smile...

At worse,
I feel bad for a while...
But then I just smile...
I go ahead and smile....

At first,
When I see you cry...
And it makes me smile...
Yeah it makes me smile...

At worse,
I feel bad for a while...
But then I just smile...
I go ahead and smile....

Lalalalalalala..........

At first,
When I see you cry...
And it makes me smile...
Yeah it makes me smile...

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala..............

At worse,
I feel bad for a while...
But then I just smile...
I go ahead and smile....

I go ahead and smile.....

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?