Sunday, July 09, 2006

Photo-journal of my recent overseas trips...

Right now I'm in the little town of Bergen, Norway on business. Today's the last day and later this afternoon I'll be flying back home. This is my first time in Norway but unfortunately my tight travelling schedule meant that I hadn't really had an opportunity to see around the town at all - I only managed to see a bit of the Bergen town centre yesterday and I didn't manage to book myself for the fjords tour in time last night! *cries*

So I'm getting up extra early today and hopefully can finish packing all my stuff and can at least go on 1 little boat tour at 10am before flying back home. (But I have sooooo much to pack - all my books and materials would be a complete nightmare to lug home again *cries*)

Anyway, below are a couple of the photos I managed to take yesterday while strolling around town with a colleague - it's very lucky for me to bump into a like-minded fellow researcher to amble around town with. Hopefully I'll be able to add to more photos on this post after today to make this a proper photo-journal. (I'm also going to upload my pictures from my trip in Vancouver back in April too as that was one AMAZING trip, especially thanks to my dear friend A!)


(Crisp Apple Photography - July 2006)

Bryggen pier near the Fish Market in Bergen, Norway. These are traditional wooden houses along the harbour front that have been standing for hundreds of years... the woods have grown soft and some of the buildings are listing on their sides but they are still well-preserved and still functioning as the facades for touristy shops.


(Crisp Apple Photography - July 2006)

The Bryygen pier houses from the inside. All these wooden floors remind me of imperial Japanese architecture almost! (Another similarity between the Norwegians and the Japanese beside the whaling culture?). It's quite romantic actually to walk around these little wooden alleyways after the rain (and it ALWAYS rains in Bergen, even more so than Dublin, and the extremely hot weather we got on our first day here really was just freak weather - we all learnt that now).

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Jul 11, 06:46:00 p.m. IST, Blogger laichungleung said...

don't take too long now.

 
At Fri Sep 01, 01:19:00 a.m. IST, Blogger serendipity said...

ah this place loooks nice!!


hey anyway, i have changed my link to

http://goodshithappens.blogspot.com

pls update yeah?

keep writing!!

 
At Sun Jul 08, 06:07:00 p.m. IST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?