Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Make It Count...

“The secret of happiness lies not in what one likes to do, but in what one has to do.”
- J. M. Barrie

In that spirit, may I present my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Finish my Ph.D. on time and to my expected standard (and in the process, re-hone my self-discipline and re-learn to believe in myself). Remember its importance first and foremost as a learning goal (one of many to come), and remain a humble student throughout this journey.

2. Make time for family and friends, and learn to be relaxed with them.

3. Learn to have real courage for my convictions (including all my aspirations in life and love). Put my convictions into practice and continue to rise above those unethical few with axes to grind.

4. Be prudent in my finances and continue to re-build my nest egg after I spent a good chunk of it building and feathering my new nest last year.

5. Continue upgrading my culinary skills, practise the piano for pleasure and go to a dance class in spite of not being able to tell my left foot from my right.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Wed Jan 02, 11:19:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger 梁巔巔 said...

Wei wei! Happy New Year!!!!!!!

When you will be back to HK?

^^

 
At Wed Jan 02, 11:22:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger Tourist said...

Good luck with your Ph.D. journey!

 
At Wed Jan 02, 02:39:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

You have some good resolutions there. I just gave up on resolutions years ago. Now I just want to stay alive.

Happy New Year.

With warmest wishes,

 
At Wed Jan 09, 05:37:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Thank you so much guys for your very kind wishes :) I'm rather embarrassed to say that I've not been keeping my resolutions that well so far, and it's scarcely been more than a week into the new year!!

Leung Din Din: I have no plans to be back to HK yet, especially not until I have completed my PhD, and I don't want to jinx anything by making plans to return already!

Tourist: Thank you so much for your kind encouragement, I WILL PERSEVERE in my PhD journey!

Laichungleung: Staying alive is itself a most laudable goal, I think I've learnt my lesson now about never underestimating the enormity of the task of just carrying on. My warmest wishes to you and your family too.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?