Monday, March 03, 2008

Service Temporarily Suspended... [Man, Not AGAIN!!]

This is just a quick notice to alert those few readers of this blog that I could not update it in the interim because my laptop is out of service again - this time it's to do with the power supply (where even the universal adaptor I got didn't help as it's the receiving end of the power supply within the computer itself that has gone wonky). Anyway, finally and extremely reluctantly, I do have to let my laptop go for repair in the UK which will take at least a month long (in fact, the customer service has yet to pick up my laptop by courier in spite of their promises over a week ago, those fucking bastards!!!!!!). Add to that my PhD deadlines - both writing and fieldwork - have been piling on top of me this couple of months, and whatever free time I had in the last while was sucked up by that Dublin Film Festival I wrote about (which was actually brilliant, btw, I even recorded Charlize Theron's speech at the QandA after the "Battle in Seattle" film and was looking forward to uploading it onto my blog!), so in spite of the best of my intentions (read 'addiction') I haven't been able to actually blog.... My by-now-ingrained blog addiction though meant that there had been a couple of times when I had been browsing blogs on the teensy weensy screen on my mobile, but replying or updating anything is completely out of the question... so sincere apologies to all those I haven't been able to follow up replies on either this blog or their own blogs.... Right now I'm typing from my work computer on a late evening when everyone's gone home (and I shall be heading home very very soon... it's snowing in Ireland today - in March!!!).

Hope you all have had far better luck than I do lately...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tue Mar 04, 04:03:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

I am seriously getting an HP notebook, so that I can live dangerously, just like you. My Thinkpad and Dell and whatever junk I put together Ubuntu just won't die.

 
At Thu Mar 06, 02:44:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger Tourist said...

Take it easy.

and Welcome Back!

 
At Thu Mar 13, 02:35:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

I just got my hp notebook, i am so excited.

 
At Sun Mar 23, 03:43:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

This is a too long a "Temporarily." My hp is rocking quite OKAY, and Vista is not as bad as I envisioned. So I am quite happy with it.

Did you have a great St. Patrick's Day? I was some what inconvenienced at St. Patrick's Day in NYC. I couldn't even cross 5th Avenue without waiting in a long line behind the police barricade. Thanks to the Irish. Oh well, it's once a year, that much I can tolerate.

 
At Tue Apr 01, 08:10:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Congrats on your HP notebook Lai, hope you really have better luck with it than I did with mine. You wouldn't believe the kind of crap I was put through over the last while by those tech guys, enough to make me want to reach through the phone lines wring their necks!!!

... okay, calm down. Seriously, I envy the fact that you can rely on yourself to solve these friggin' computer issues. Wish I too have the ability to build my own computer, which is probably LESS troublesome than dealing with feckless tech support.

 
At Tue Apr 01, 08:11:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Hey Tourist, thanks for your kind greetings, didn't realise it'll take me THIS long though to be back again...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?