Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ode to a dear friend who is soon to be hitched...

After hearing so much about him
And your trip back home
Yesterday I finally met your beau
He's down to earth, honest, and a little shy
Exactly the salt-of-the-earth type
Who will make you happy
Not the whirlwind swept-off-your-feet ethereal happiness
But the solid, quiet, unassuming kind.
The Best kind.

I am so happy for you
After all the trials and tribulations of your previous love
When your brave search for happiness
Brought you all the way to this island
Though you didn't end up with that guy (thank goodness)
And though for a long while you were not even sure
Where you would end up and what you would do
You still have a happy ending.

As the two of you tie the knot next week
In an unassuming private ceremony
That fits the two of you perfectly
Let me raise my glass to you
To wish you both a lifetime
Of happiness, health, and mutual growth.
You deserve it!

(and can I just say, again rather selfishly,
that I'm just so thrilled,
that by virtue of your impending marriage,
You'd definitely be staying put,
and continue to be a lovely friend
with whom I get to hang out :) !!)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Fri Jul 11, 03:54:00 a.m. IST, OpenID serenemai said...

sweet sweet!!!

some of my friends are getting hitched too. it's awesome news isnt it! :)

 
At Fri Jul 11, 09:00:00 a.m. IST, OpenID juliekintaiwan said...

Great poem! Love the last part about how you get to "keep" your friend around :)

 
At Sat Jul 12, 02:18:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Thanks Serene :) It is indeed awesome news, especially when the friend in question has gone through a lot. To see that there's a light at the end is really heartwarming :)

Thanks Julie for your really kind compliment!! But actually I'm a bit embarrassed of my little verse so am only posting it here (rather than say, actually read it out to my friend and her fiance!! haha!). But yes, I love the last part too - not just in the little poem but in real life also :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?