Friday, September 19, 2008

Congratulations...

To D and A, you have been two of my best students.
It's been a joy to supervise your projects.
Am so proud of all the work you've put in.
Combining three methods in one study,
And submitting your work ahead of schedule,
While juggling your full time jobs,
And a family with young kids (for A),
Or a newly-wedded husband (for D),
Is no mean feat! Fair play to both of you!
Give yourselves a well-deserved pat on the back
And - most important, this - a real holiday at last!

(And D, your message really made my day.
You have no idea what it means
For me to be told I'm the best supervisor you and A have ever had.
And that you're inspired to do further research
Because our journey together, though tough, has been exhilarating.
Though I unfortunately cannot join you and A for drinks afterwards
I'm so happy to have worked with you.
And truth be told, both you and A have been an absolute inspiration
Your unfailing enthusiasm and perseverance
Spurs me on to finish my own thesis.)

So here's to you! D&A! Congrats on a job well done :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?