Saturday, October 11, 2008

Morning...

Sitting on a window sill
Hands cupping a warm mug of tea
Pale rays of sunshine stream weakly in
My eyes slowly adjust to mid-dawn's darkness
Chasing tiny fragments of lingering dreams

Birdsongs quietly vibrate
In the cold damp air outside
Droplets of dew on bended leaves
Refract in hues the soft pearly greys
Of an undulating sheep's wool sky

Alarm bells of a neighbour's house
Went off like a lone banshee
Muffled by the indifference of families, couples, and singletons
Too enamoured with their cosy duvets
To care after a long and tiring week

'Tis the beginning of a new day
Filled with endless possibilities
As well as countless responsibilities
Can I pursue the former to the full
Without risking the wrath of my conscience -
Already, as it were, fully loaded with guilt?

(c) Snowdrops 2008. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sun Oct 12, 05:51:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Alice Poon said...

Hi Snowdrops,

What a nicely written poem! May I say that I've always admired your English literary skills - you seem to write so effortlessly!

In case you were wondering why your comment on my French poems disappeared overnight (I did read it and thanks), it's due to a technical problem at the site, which is being fixed (hopefully it can be fixed).

Alice

 
At Mon Oct 13, 11:43:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Thanks so much Alice for your really kind compliment :) It really made my day!

I'm sorry the site isn't showing my original comment, but I did mean to say also that, despite the fact that I've been learning French for all of my secondary schooling plus one year in university, I've never been able to write a single poem in French. So I'm amazed that you're able to do that just by learning French in your spare time. Your poems are simple but lyrical, like the line "Douchement tu viens, douchement tu quittes". It's just lovely :)

 
At Tue Oct 14, 05:21:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Alice Poon said...

Hi Snowdrops,

Apparently the computer guy at the AS site is having trouble retrieving the comment that you posted. I wonder if you would mind posting it again - it would mean a lot to me :)

Alice

 
At Wed Oct 15, 12:55:00 a.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

No problems at all Alice, I've just gone and done that now :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?