Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Now that our stomachs have finally got over the Christmas dinner...

...It's safe then to put in this gratuitous shot of the dressed Christmas ham straight out of the oven in my kitchen on Christmas Eve.


Impressive though it looked, I really mustn't claim any credit as it was all done by Marks and Sparks, from the sliced mandarins and cranberry dressing to the neatly scored ham fat to determining the actual length of its cooking time. (My excuse was that I was simply wayyyyyy too busy and disorganised this year on the home front to be doing all the prep work myself this year).

Anyway, it was indeed a beeeeautiful ham, tasted every bit as good as it looked. I will be using up the last of its remains as a risotto ingredient for this evening (with the stock being made from the last of all the leftover veg, which is bubbling merrily away in the background now). Am feeling rather smug that I've learnt from my mistake last year and have not been as wasteful this year in terms of food leftovers :)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thu Dec 31, 03:37:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

Man, I still have the cranberry sauce from Christmas. Nobody is interested not even me now.

The ham does look very impressive.

Happy New Year, lady.

 
At Thu Dec 31, 01:39:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Haha, I know what you mean, I still have a whole bag of cranberries in the freezer that I'm still to make cranberry juice or jelly out of. (We didn't need to have added sauce for the ham as pictured as its own dressing/cooking juices were yummy enough; for Christmas dinner at my parents' we had bread sauce and cranberry sauce for the turkey which were used up completely - the bread sauce was gone especially fast!)

Happy New Year to you and yours!

 
At Thu Dec 31, 03:04:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

Ha ha. Yeah, I have one bag of cranberry in the fridge as well, unopened. And I got three boxes of tiny gelatin which I plan to make jello with but there is always a but they are still languishing somewhere in the cabinet.

NYC is snowing now, so we are going to have a white New Year.

I should make my jello now and have a very jello New Year whatever that means.

 
At Thu Dec 31, 04:59:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger 若缺齋老人 said...

前輩好,新年快樂!

 
At Thu Dec 31, 07:40:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger mad dog said...

it looks so nice! Happy 2010!!!

 
At Fri Jan 01, 09:36:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

LCL: We managed to have a White New Year's day too! The snow fell over night and was thick enough that some kids even managed to make a snowman :) Unfortunately no pictures as I didn't want to bring my bulkly SLR out with me today... I need to really start taking it out though for a proper photo session (new year's resolution!)

Dodderer: Happy New Year to you too! But please don't call me 前輩! I couldn't possibly be considered even more senior than a self-proclaimed 老人 XD

MD: Thanks! All the very best wishes to you too for the new year :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?