Friday, January 29, 2010

OMG! My home is really featured on a website!!



I can't believe this really happened!

A couple of weeks ago I got a Flickrmail from someone - the lovely Elka - asking me if I would be interested to have my home featured on a house tour on the interiors website Casasugar. I thought she was joking! I checked out the website -- in fact, I studied all the house tour links I could find -- and couldn't believe that they thought my home is worthy of being featured. But of course I said yes eagerly!

I answered her few queries about my so-called d├ęcor style and some details about my apartment over Flickrmail. And because I also had updated my flat a little bit since I last uploaded home pics on my Flickr account, I suggested that I would take some new photos as well. Which I did last weekend and early this week when the sun was finally out. Elka made her selection from these new and old photos, kindly promised to keep my name anonymous and used only my Flickr username in the house tour, and thanked me again for agreeing to share my home pictures on Casasugar.

And that was a few days ago... then earlier this evening, I just got a Flickr mail from her to say that my house tour is up!!!! I can't believe it! I clicked on the link, and oh my! My flat actually looks not half-bad!! Phew!!!!!! (I had been mentally preparing for how bad my house tour would look compared to all the other fabulous apartments featured on Casasugar).

Even more than that, Elka wrote such lovely comments beside each of the photos she selected from my home set, which is sooooo unexpected. And even more of a miracle, somebody already commented on the house tour, and not only that, s/he proclaimed it "Beautiful!"

Ohhhhhh, I'm so very happy :D

Thank you soooo much Elka, you REALLY made my day :D!!!!!!!!!






(And just to say, I must have somehow got a lucky charm on me or something, because I've been extremely extremely lucky in the last while, as one of my blog-posts has also been honoured by a recommend by none other than Mad Dog!! Not only was it a surprise to learn that she reads my blog -- honestly most of the views I got tend to be people stumbling upon my old post while googling for Monica and Chandler -- but it was a total surprise to me that she actually thought my scribbling was good enough to be on her shared items and even deserved a recommend!! Thank you so much Mad Dog, both you and Elka made me feel so encouraged -- your kind recommendations really mean a lot, and it's rather lovely to learn that my little creative/artistic endeavours are enjoyed by others... Thank you sooooo very much!!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sat Jan 30, 09:47:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

Wow, that's really cool.

 
At Sat Jan 30, 10:21:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

My home is also featured on a website--my blog. Haw haw. Actually I can't say featured.

NYC is freezing again...

 
At Sun Jan 31, 12:02:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Haha, thanks LCL :) It was totally out-of-the-blue but I'm still pretty chuffed about it!

Stay warm!

 
At Wed Feb 03, 05:37:00 a.m. GMT, OpenID serenemai said...

wow this is awesome!!!

 
At Wed Feb 03, 07:37:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger mad dog said...

so nice!!!

 
At Fri Feb 05, 12:04:00 a.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Thank you very much Ser and MD :D

Ser, it's so lovely to see you again, hope you've been keeping well.

Happy Spring 2010 everyone!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?