Thursday, February 04, 2010

Reason #19827 of why I love the Guardian...

Not only for its poetry blog, but also because of this brilliant exchange among commenters and Guardian columnists on this thread in response to Sun Microsystem's CEO declaring his resignation via Twitter using haiku:





And on it goes, the rest of the thread almost entirely written in the 5-7-5 syllable format of haikus! (And notice it only took Alison Flood - the columnist who wrote the original post - 4 minutes to come up with her rebuttal in haiku).

Shall I attempt one of my own? Why not :P

Love the Guardian
Not (just) for its left-wing views
But its haiku rows :)

Would you like to try one? Ah go on!

Update on 8 February, 2010:

Another haiku from me:

So nobody tries
This is quite disappointing
Oh come on you guys!

* * *

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Mon Feb 08, 05:26:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

So Winter Is Here
Snow Is Pelting On My Roof
Snowdrops Bragging Her Haiku

 
At Mon Feb 08, 05:41:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Hahahahaha
Hahahahahahaha
Hahahahaha

:D

 
At Mon Feb 08, 05:43:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Btw there're seven syllables in your last line, tut tut :P

Could have been:
"Snowdrops brags haiku"

But other than that, your haiku is far superior than mine, as it includes a seasonal reference! Bravo!

 
At Mon Feb 08, 05:57:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Spring's not far away
Making up haikus will help
Beat away the cold :)

 
At Mon Feb 08, 06:02:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

I did it too "quick." Oh man. I know it's 5-7-5 how could I make the mistake? I have no idea.

I saw your post last week but just couldn't come up with anything at all. I even went to wiki as I think I saw this before but forgot exactly what it is. I always manage to learn something from you.

 
At Mon Feb 08, 06:08:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

You are far too kind.
I learnt loads 'bout taking pics
From your great blog too :)

 
At Mon Feb 08, 06:12:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Thanks LCL for humouring me in this little haiku experiment :)

 
At Mon Feb 08, 06:18:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger laichungleung said...

Winter Games Up North
Cruel Capricious trails break bones
Safer Watch At Home

 
At Mon Feb 08, 06:36:00 p.m. GMT, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Wow, that was brilliant LCL!

Okay, another one:

Heard on the news you've
Snowmageddon in your neck
Of woods. Keep warm, friend!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?