Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Apple berry almond tart...


Given how bloody freezing this Easter weekend had been, as well as the fact that I had a pot of strawberry preserve and a jar of flaked almonds I had been meaning to use up, yesterday I finally took time to bake the above apple berry almond tart (this is something I've wanted to make ever since I came across the recipe last November, which can be found here: Dan Lepard's apple berry almond tart recipe).

Despite the fact that I don't have a fluted tart tin and ceramic baking beans (I used a slightly smaller circular ceramic oven-proof dish instead, which miraculously managed to fit inside the baking tin) and the fact that I'm hopeless in rolling dough out evenly in the first place anyway -- which contributed to the haphazard blind-baking of the pastry case, leading to the final tart not being able to be lifted out of the baking tin -- I am rather proud of how the tart had turned out :D It doesn't look that different from the photo in Dan Lepard's article AND it tasted absolutely De-Lish! (Even if I do say so myself, ha!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?