Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick half-yearly photo stock-take...

Apple Cardamom Jasmine Tea with Honey

Recipe:
Clean apple peels (from about 4/5 pre-washed apples)
1.5 pint of water
2-3 Cardamom Pods
2-3 Jasmine teabags
Clear honey (to taste)
Bring water and apple peels to boil in a pan.
Add cardamom pods and teabags.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes with lid on,
and another 15-20 minutes with lid off, until
it's been reduced down to two-thirds of its original volume (i.e. a pint).
Strain liquid through nylon sieve/muslin. Add honey to taste.
Can be enjoyed hot or cold. Once the liquid cools, store in lidded jar/bottle in fridge.
A really lovely, refreshing summer drink!
And this beautiful creation was brought about because I was trying to
not waste all those apple peels I got from making the below!

Apple-Berry Almond Tart
(much more successful than previously attempted)

l-r:
Re-potted Ranuculus shoots (after they were grown successfully from garden trug).
First bloom of Calla Lily from my re-potted old plant.

f-b:
New Camilla plant. (Re-potted, doing well.)
Lemon-scented Conifer (Finished re-potting from last time, doing poorly).
2 x Gooseberries (Finished re-potting from last time, doing okay).

First leaves from Cally Lilly (left in situ - only outer pot changed).

Chinese lanterns (left in situ, doing just okay).

Ranuculus shoots (successfully grown from last time, left in situ).

Ranuculus shoots (successfully grown from last time, left in situ, only outer pot changed).

New Red Currant (first successful fruits!)

Like rubies in a sea of green.

Basil (re-growing well).

Chilli (re-growing well).

New Lavender (Mustard Strain)

f-b:
Ranuculus shoots (successfully grown from last time, left in situ).
No such luck though for the lily of the valley bulbs that were sowed at the same time.

New Rocket shoots successfully grown in garden trug
(after re-potting away the ranuculus shoots grown previously in trug).



New Chrysanthemums (re-potted using old kitchen colander and settling in beautifully).

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 24, 06:26:00 p.m. IST, Blogger laichungleung said...

This year I gave up on gardening. But you know what, the sage is growing strong. I left it there on the ground outside the tiny pot and it just takes care itself. I spent almost $100 to fix my gas mower so I could at least keep the backyard from becoming a jungle.

 
At Tue Jul 06, 07:30:00 p.m. IST, Blogger Snowdrops said...

Well, my gardening experiments haven't been all successful either, but I'm really glad I tried out the rocket seeds as I literally have a basket of fresh salad leaves to pick from now :) I have never tried sage before but would keep that in mind next time, thanks for the tip.

As for mower costs, I guess that's one of the very few advantages of having very limited outdoor space, but to be honest I actually envy people who have backyards now, something I'd never thought I'd say before I got hooked on gardening.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?