Saturday, July 03, 2010

If I were...

If I were to ignore all the slights and poison darts,
If I were to survive the innuendo with a dignified stance;
Then I'd have to first get in front of a crowd and scream,
Scream and scream about the injustices that are unseen.

If I were to abide by the treachery of false friends,
If I were to unceremoniously and unscrupulously be screwed;
Then I'd have to be entirely frank with all and sundry,
Before I'd let my name in muck be dragged through.

If I were to refrain from making the tiniest noise,
If I were to be denied a fair hearing of my voice;
Then you'd have to physically kill me,
Before I'd allow your lies to do me in.

If I were to measure out my life in coffee spoons,
If I were to be out to the pastures, unjustly put;
Before I'd allow you to pin me in your injurious vice,
I will clear my name and kick up a right royal fuss.

Just watch.

Copyright Snowdrops 2010. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?