Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Oh. My. God.

This is HILARIOUS!

http://gonzolabs.org/dance/

The 2010 “Dance Your Ph.D.” Contest

The dreaded question. “So, what’s your Ph.D. research about?” You take a deep breath and launch into the explanation. People’s eyes begin to glaze over…

At times like these, don’t you wish you could just turn to the nearest computer and show people an online video of your Ph.D. thesis interpreted in dance form?

Now you can. And while you’re at it, you can win $1000, achieve immortal geek fame on the Internet, and be recognized by Science for your effort.

How to enter:
1. Turn your Ph.D. thesis into a dance.
2. Get the dance on video.
3. Put the video online.

"Immortal geek fame on the Internet"? Eternal shame and damnation more like! (Well, at least to a total dance klutz comme moi...)

Okay, to be honest, I am really really really intrigued. Could there be any way in which my thesis could be interpreted in dance form? Hmmm, what a fascinating idea! Probably need the help of dance professionals (I'm thinking, Mad Dog :P!!)

Could I just show this video (IF I'm doing one) and have it as my viva presentation? Or I could do a live dance in front of my two examiners! What fun!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Viewfinder...

Where are you from?

Que sera sera...

Feed my pet!

Currently getting stuck in...

Have just finished...

Me, Anime...

A bunch of snowdrops by any other name...

SNOWDROPS
S is for Sweet
N is for Natural
O is for Open-hearted
W is for Worldly
D is for Dedicated
R is for Romantic
O is for Original
P is for Perfectionist
S is for Special
What Does Your Name Mean?